Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sacred Circle-Net of Light

In the spring of 2007, I had a series of visions of women creating peace. The visions came during individual and group meditation. They unfolded as if I were watching a movie, yet present in them somehow. They were stunningly beautiful, very moving, and sometimes puzzling. In the descriptions and illustrations here, I have attempted to convey the beauty and the power of the scenes that unfolded before my eyes.

I believe these visions are important for all of us to experience, and each in our own way, so I share them without interpretation. I suggest you read a vision, and then sit quietly with it for a few minutes to see what arises for you. I welcome your comments and questions!
************

The following was one of the first and most powerful for me.

In a Vessels of Peace meditation (www.vesselsofpeace.com), the facilitator asked us to meditate on the VoP Vessel (see image ©Vessels of Peace) and on areas of the world to which we were drawn where women needed support. During the silent meditation that followed, I experienced a vividly detailed, moving vision of peace.

I saw that we were a great, sacred circle of women holding hands in numbers that encircled the entire globe. It was a joining of many sacred circles. The Vessel of Peace stood at the center of the great circle, rising above us and glowing golden white. In unison, all the women in the great circle began walking toward the Vessel, still holding hands. As each woman reached the Vessel, she walked effortlessly through its filigree shell into its core of light. One by one all merged with it and became the Vessel. We rested in that Oneness, deliciously soaking up the light—the peace, love, and joy contained within it.

In time, we emerged from the Vessel and encircled it once again. We reverently raised our hands to the Heavens in recognition of Divine Oneness and the Sacred Feminine. When we lowered our hands, we found that the edge of a great, weightless net had been placed in them. We already knew what it was and what to do with it. We began walking, walking, spreading out, pulling this great net of peace and healing over the globe. As we pulled the net, some sections of the circle stopped in specific places that needed more intense peace work, and where women were not yet able to join the sacred circle.

Eventually, we all came back together at the opposite side of the globe, having completely encircled Mother Earth with the great net. However, rather than stopping, we continued on back to the Vessel, overlapping our journey and creating a double layer of netting. Again, as we each reached the Vessel, we merged into it. As the last woman merged with the Vessel, however, it shattered! Only golden white light in the shape of the Vessel remained. And this light was us; we were the light.

At once, all of us, as light, leapt into the net! The light began shooting along the cords of the net, streaming through every fiber until the net virtually pulsed with light. Where the cords intersected, the pulsing and the brightness were amplified. And the light was pulsing peace. It was healing Mother Earth.

Slowly I became aware of the same pulsing filling my body. At first my whole body pulsed, then the pulsing became my heartbeat. And I knew in that moment that my heart was beating in exact unison with each woman in the meditation circle, with every woman in the vision, and with everyone in the world. I remembered that we are truly One.

********

After I received the vision, it seemed everywhere I turned I found more information about a great web/net of light we're creating around the globe. For a lovely illustration of the net, visit www.grandmothersspeak.com. Sai Maa also speaks of it in a guided meditation. In his book Working with Oneness, Sufi mystic Llewellyn Vaughn-Lee goes so far as to say the Internet, or the World Wide Web, is a physical manifestation of it (http://workingwithoneness.org).

No comments: